Architectural Designer FAQs Part 5
We know everyone has questions, especially when embarking on a custom home or renovation project with an architectural designer. Every Friday in March we’ve been addressing a few of the most common questions clients pose to Jim Bell. This final week we discuss “Getting Started”.
This is my first time designing a custom home or embarking on a major renovation with an architectural designer…how do I get started?
If you would like to begin by exploring more information about the process of working with an architectural designer, we have three complimentary PDF guides we’d love to send to you:
- The Process
- Build Your Dream Home in 3 Steps
- Top 5 Reasons to Hire an Architectural Design Builder
For more information please see the Resources page on our website and sign up for the ebooklets that interest you.
What should I expect from a Site Visit or Consultation with an architectural designer?
For a new custom build or renovation, the complimentary Site Visit allows you to:
- become acquainted with Jim and see if there is a good fit for working together;
- obtain a professional Architectural Designer’s opinion on the feasibility of your project;
- review the site and discuss the zoning, setbacks, etc.;
- discuss your ideas and goals with a professional;
- discuss the timing and the approval process;
- receive an idea of approximate project costs and potential fees and expenses;
- review a proposed schedule of services and fees for the next stages of project; and,
- benefit from 60 minutes with a design and build expert with 30+ years of experience at no charge to you.
If you’re planning a custom home and haven’t yet chosen a site, a Consultation at Jim’s Pembroke or Ottawa office or at your home will provide many of the same benefits as a Site Visit. Jim can provide tips about what to consider during your search for that perfect location for your new Ottawa or Pembroke area custom home.
How long will it take before I can meet with Jim?
Jim welcomes the opportunity to consult with you about your Ottawa or Pembroke area custom home or renovation. Within a few days of receiving your request, Jim will set up a 15-20 minute phone chat to discuss a few details and understand your needs so that he can prepare for your Site Visit/Consultation. Depending on the time of year and your availability, the Site Visit/Consultation will be scheduled within a week or two after that call. Jim always schedules these meetings as soon as possible, but especially during the spring and summer, the demands on his time can be significant. So, please book your Site Visit/Consultation today to ensure you have priority during the busy spring season.
I would like to meet with Jim to discuss my project. How do I contact him?
The best way to request a Site Visit or Consultation is to submit a request on our website. However, if you prefer, we welcome your call at 613-831-9688 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d be happy to tell you more about the design process and set up a complimentary meeting with Jim. We look forward to meeting you!