- Client’s home-stead for three generations, her father and grandfather lived side by side and farmed the land for years. Our clients used the smaller storey and a half home as a vacation retreat.
- The expansion and development of the two farm-houses was conducted in two phases.
- The original single car garage was demolished and new separate two car plus storage garage with a loft apartment was constructed in the first phase.
- Second Phase; The owners’ development program called for a one-storey addition to link the two original structures and accommodate a new entry, great room and dining room.
- Lastly, the original ground and second floor spaces were reconsidered to provide a functional and flowing floor plan that accommodates bedrooms, den office, and master suite. The aggressive set of requirements was masterfully executed in a manner that maintains the charm and scale of the original homes and its place in the cultural landscape of Maritimes.
- Nautical colour scheme and a perfect balance of materials
- Date September 4, 2015
- Tags On The Boards